[Samba] samba_dnsupdate NOTAUTH

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Feb 23 14:20:23 UTC 2016

Im suggesting, Since the following:  NOTAUTH  :
is a failure on dns updates is
OR incorrect manual changes in bind and/or incorrect rights.

And check the needed rights on what the dns needs.
I dont know if your using bind or internal dns.
For bind : look here
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configure_BIND_as_backend_for_Samba_AD

And for the NTP Server config.
Dont use a pool, use a stratum 1 server in you country.
The, for example, debian.ntp-pool..  etc  gave me errors in time syncing.
Go here for a stable ntp server in you country.
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/StratumOneTimeServers
set all your dc's to this ntp server. ( or use a "proxy" ntp server ) to sync your DC's

and optional, it can be fault keytab files.
You can recreate them if needed.
Found here :  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Keytab_Extraction

Greetz,

Louis