[Samba] Change machine name without a reboot?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Feb 24 13:58:24 UTC 2016

Wasn't systemd using the following order.

1) config from /lib/systemd/... etc..
2) override config with /etc/systemd/...  etc ..

And to add a unit file snippet, which can be used to append or
override settings in the default unit file, simply use :

systemctl edit smb.service
or
systemctl edit --full smb.service

Edit creates the needed dir/files in /etc/systemd
And adds a override.conf

and reload
systemctl daemon-reload

done. ;-)