[Samba] Password changes and syncing passwords with Linux accounts

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 16:29:26 UTC 2016

On 16/02/16 16:01, Rowland penny wrote:
> Do you have the ldb-tools package installed on the DC ? if not can you
> install it, then run this command:
>
>  ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
> '(&(objectclass=user)(samaccountname=*))' | grep chris
>
> Can you post the results.

Here you go, without any changes to generic names (ie I've kept my
actual domain name of NUMBER37 instead of changing it to MYDOMAIN):

dn: CN=NUMBER37chris,CN=Users,DC=ad,DC=oak-wood,DC=co,DC=uk
cn: NUMBER37chris
name: NUMBER37chris
sAMAccountName: NUMBER37\chris
distinguishedName: CN=NUMBER37chris,CN=Users,DC=ad,DC=oak-wood,DC=co,DC=uk
dn: CN=chris,CN=Users,DC=ad,DC=oak-wood,DC=co,DC=uk
cn: chris
name: chris
sAMAccountName: chris
unixHomeDirectory: /home/chris
distinguishedName: CN=chris,CN=Users,DC=ad,DC=oak-wood,DC=co,DC=uk