[Samba] Migrate from Samba 4.3 to Server 2008 R2

Derek T devd3vdevdev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 02:04:36 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm new to Samba and exploring all the different features around it and I
just installed Samba 4.3 DC and got it all working and trying to test out
how to migrate Samba 4.3 to Server 2008 R2.
So what I've done is joined a Server 2008 R2 DC to the Samba PDC. I let it
finished the replication then I transfered all 5 FSMOs roles to the Server
2008 R2.

And I thought this will complete the transfer but when I turn off the Samba
Server the DNS on the Windows Server 2008 R2 seems to be broken. Then I
read the doco there are 7 FSMO roles in Samba.

How can I transfer the remaining DomainDNS and ForestDNS to the Server 2008
R2 to complete the migration? Or have I gone the wrong approach for this
migration.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Derek