[Samba] Samba 3.2 and Windows 10

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Feb 11 11:05:17 UTC 2016

You can use these to upgrade your samba, they use the same path's as the debian packages and can be used as inplace replacement.

And if unsure about this
Backup :
/etc/samba
/var/lib/samba
/var/cache/samba

Install add the repo for the sernet 3.6 and run

echo "deb http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/3.6/debian lenny main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list

wget http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/sernet-samba-keyring_1.4_all.deb
dpkg -i sernet-samba-keyring_1.4_all.deb

apt-get update

dpkg -l | grep samba
apt-get install sernet-samba

and check if you missing files based on the "dpkg -l | grep samba"

install these also if its not done automaticly

Only thing you need to the after, is check your smb.conf for changes,
and go through your logs.

If you want to revert back, remove the repo line from the sources.list
stop samba
put the backup back.
apt-get clean && apt-get autoclean && apt-get update
apt-get install --force-all samba

Greetz,

Louis