[Samba] ldbadd issue on Samba 4.1.13 AD DC

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 08:23:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

As far as I have understood Rowland is right, objectSid can't be re-used:
objects during deletion are not really deleted but pushed into some recycle
bin (for a time according to tombstoneLifetime).

Perhaps you can force usage of some objectSid during creation or during
modification but I have no idea how that would impact the way next
objectSid will be chosen.

Nevertheless you can modify your users with ldbmodify or ldapmodify, you
can even modify there DN with modrdn as changetype into your LDIF, so there
should be no necessity to re-use objectSid.

Cheers,

mathias