[Samba] AD + Bind DLZ + Site

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:12:34 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Using 4.3.4 + Bind DLZ @ Centos 7.

Regarding AD sites, I have several questions:

1° Is it possible with Samba4 to rename Default-First-Site-Name?

2° samba-tool sites create <name>
does not link new site to DEFAUTLIPSITELINK, is it the correct behaviour?

3° When a DC is not in Default-First-Site-Name, no DNS records related to
that DC should exists in Default-First-Site-Name related DNS records. Is
that true?
ex: _ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.samba.domain.tld should not
exist.

4° When a DC is moved from one site to another site, all DNS records
related to old site should be automatically removed?

5° If 4° is true, what trigger the change in DNS configuration? Is it a
samba restart which will run samba_dnsupdate which would perform that
creation of DNS records and deletion of the old ones or samba_dnsupdate (or
equivalent) is run without the need of a restart/reboot?

For others questions I have still tests to perform.

Thanks and regards,

mathias dufresne