[Samba] WG: After Upgrade to Samba-4.3.4

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 9 12:34:29 UTC 2016

On 09/02/16 10:55, Mueller wrote:
> What I have done bevor updating to 4.3.4 and it was working until then.
>
> I userd the map unix tab in ADUC and gave uid and gid to all users /groups  but administrator.
> This worked until the update. Now the dcs mix up only!!! group ids with computer ids (security tab)
>

> root at s4slave exim]# getent group personal
> TPLK\personal:x:3000044:
>
> root at s4slave exim]# getent group reserve09$
> TPLK\reserve09$:x:3000038:TPLK\reserve09$
>

> [root at s4master ~]# getent group personal  <-----------------------------------
> TPLK\personal:x:3000044:
>
> [root at s4master ~]#  getent group reserve09$<-----------------------------
> TPLK\reserve09$:x:3000044:TPLK\reserve09$
>
> Is there a way I can change the GID of reserve09$ back to hits originaly?
>
> ADUC--> Tab >>Attribute change?

I would start by getting the idmap.ldb files in sync, in your earlier
post there was this:

First DC: 3000009(BUILTIN\users)
Second DC: 3000001(BUILTIN\users

This can only happen if the idmap_ldb files are out of sync

As for 'reserve09$', this is a computer and doesn't need a gidnumber, if
getting idmap.ldb in sync doesn't cure this and your computers don't
have gidNumber attributes, then you may have found a bug.

Can you please post the smb.conf files from the two DCs.

Rowland