[Samba] AD: smb.conf of newly joined DC

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:08:43 UTC 2016

I love your prefered option : )

In fact this question came to me after seeing there people with highly
customized smb.conf. For me I have one line to add and I had lot of time to
build up my domain, see some (most I hope!) of mistake to avoid and so on.

For new guys with not much time to deploy (very small business, sometimes
admins which are still quiet beginners...) having an internal process to
grab smb.conf from FSMO owner when joining new DC would help.
But as you mentioned this would ask some work: some options could refuse to
be set early, shares are often a non-sense to copy (not same server, not
same share) and so much I don't see...

Have a nice evening all