[Samba] Samba4 AD

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Feb 7 16:07:54 UTC 2016

On 07/02/16 15:39, Alessandro Baggi wrote:

>> Follow the information you will find here:
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> Thank you Rowland for your answer.
> I've ridden this doc, correct me if I'm wrong, but It explain how to
> join a domain for workstation/fileserver/other. After configuring and
> joining the domain, winbind in nsswitch.conf permit to see other user
> on the new member machine. So if you need to set permission you can.
>

> I don't want join a DC from a file-server on separated machine, I want
> serve share-resource located on the same machine where AD DC is
> configured.
> Samba4 can serve as AD DC and file server in the same time?
>
> It is possible?

The page is written for a domain member, but you can use some of the
info on a DC, What you will need to check is if the libnss links are
setup and if 'winbind' is in /etc/nsswitch.conf.

You may need another file, but we will cross that bridge if and when we
come to it.

It is not recommended to use the DC as a fileserver, but you will not be
the only one who does :-)

What OS are you using.

Rowland