[Samba] 10GE performance issues

Martin Markert martinmarkert at mac.com
Wed Feb 3 20:27:06 UTC 2016

Hi,
we have network performance issues with Samba (Version 4.2.7-SerNet-RedHat-19.el6) on one of our servers. The maximum throughput from client to server is 110 MB/s (read/write) under Windows 7 x64 (single 10GE NIC). When using NFS on a different Linux workstation we're getting much higher rates, around 500-700 MB/s. I still can't find the problem.

Setup server:
CentOS 6.6
Samba 4.7.2
Mellanox 10GE NIC with LACP bonding
local attached storage: XFS, 1,5 GB/s read/write

[global]

     workgroup = ARRI
     server string = Samba Server Version %v
     netbios name = BARBARELLA