[Samba] Mac OS X and ACL's

Ralph Boehme rb at sernet.de
Wed Feb 3 06:23:40 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 10:35:08PM +0000, Rowland penny wrote:
> On 02/02/16 21:31, David Thompson wrote:
> >I've reverted my test box fs back to winbindd and taken sssd out of the
> >mix.
> >I'd love some more help on this as its now faring better in testing than
> >sssd with the macs, however I can set the users to be looked up but I'm
> >having issues with having the names of the groups show up. It seems to be
> >working however its now showing the GIDs as opposed to the group names.
> >
> >For instance
> >
> >digimag is now showing on the folder as 20008
>
> Is this on the DC or the domain member ?
> Are the groups in /etc/group or in AD, if in AD, does the group 'digimag'
> have a gidNumber attribute contain '20008' ?. If in both, I would suggest
> removing from /etc/group
> You could do worse than having a look here:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member
>
> There is also a vfs module available for Macs, vfs_fruit, never used it
> myself (no apple machines) and I am not sure which version of Samba it first
> appeared in, but it is in the free version available from Sernet.

fwiw: it ships as a standard part of Samba since 4.2 and it's also
built by default as it has zero dependencies.

Beware that vfs_fruit may make your permission woes worse then before
unless you set "fruit:nfs_aces = no". :)

-Ralph

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de,mailto:kontakt@sernet.de