[Samba] winbind warnings filling up syslog

HASM samba at martins.cc
Mon Feb 1 15:14:19 UTC 2016

Every few minutes windbindd posts an error message like:
  winbindd:  ../source3/libads/ldap.c:552(ads_find_dc)
  winbindd:  ads_find_dc: name resolution for realm 'XXX.CO'
    (domain 'XXX_01') failed: NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS

where XXX.CO is the domain name of a company my company
recently acquired and XXX_01 seems to be like they name of
the DCs around here.

I'm assuming winbindd is looking this up on the AD, even
though I have realm/default realm configured in smb.conf,
krb5.conf and no mention of XXX.CO in there or in ldap.conf
(actually nowhere in this box).

How can I shut this thing up?  I've also seen, not sure
whether related, winbindd shooting up to 100% CPU (of this
dual core box.)

-- HASM