[Samba] Samba AD - "No logon servers available"

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Dec 29 17:15:33 UTC 2016

> I mis-read that, I thought he had removed the old NT4-style PDC, but if
> he now has (as Marc thinks) no Samba DCs and is only using windows DCs,
> I fail to see how this can be a Samba problem or how it can be fixed
> from Samba, or am I missing something ?

Even if it's not our goal to help people moving from Samba to Windows,
it might be a bug in Samba that prevents that the records are created
correctly during the Windows DC join. If a user runs both, a Windows and
Samba DC, it can happen that the Samba DC is temporarily offline and in
this case the user expects that clients can continue logging in.

Some further questions to the OP:
* What Windows Server OS version did you joined _first_ to the Samba AD?
* What other Windows Server OS versions were joined to the AD while
Samba was still part of the AD forest?

Regards,
Marc