[Samba] Error with samba update in debian.

Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega luis.dominguez at mtz.desoft.cu
Wed Dec 28 12:41:17 UTC 2016

Hello, I am a network admin and I have Samba 4 (4.5.2+dfsg-2) running into Debian Testing, before i update to this version my proxy (squid) authenticate with NTLM with ntlm_auth correctly, same to my FreeRadius server authenticating with winbind. But now with this update i can get to work again the autentications, when i request the NT_KEY to ntlm_auth it not return that key.

this is the output of ntlm_auth

root at proxy:~# ntlm_auth --diagnostic --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
MTZ\luis.dominguez <my_pass>
BH SPNEGO request invalid prefix

and the output of squid
ERROR: NTLM Authentication validating user. Result: {result=BH, notes={message: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL; }}

Requesting the nt key used by freeradius (the nt key is not in the output)

root at proxy:~# /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --username=luis.dominguez
Password:
NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0)

Al tanto
Ing. Luis Felipe Domínguez Vega
Administrador de la Red de Desoft Matanzas
GNU/Linux Kernel Developer - rtlwifi kernel module

"No es grande aquel que nunca falla, es grande el que nunca se da por vencido… "