[Samba] Error with samba update in debian.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 28 12:57:58 UTC 2016

Hai,
Can you post your smb.conf that helps.

But you probly forgot to set:
ntlm auth = yes

and maybe more, a summup:

This is the full list:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Features_added/changed_(by_release)

The complete history, have a look at the X.x.0 release notes.
https://www.samba.org/samba/history/

For the major differences (new features, etc.)

Upgrade samba from a : 4.4.x => 4.5.x
! remove all idmap config lines from your smb.conf of the DC's.
! run: net cache flush
! Restart samba or reboot the DC

4.4.1 =>  4.5.0 : smb.conf changes
https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.5.0.html
    Parameter Name                Description             Default