[Samba] Winbind Permissions

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Dec 14 13:29:14 UTC 2016

> I'm searching about Winbind users permission, but I couldn't find
> anything that I wanted. I have a Samba AD which has some users and I
> could use these users as server's users. Fine. But I want also
> configure their permissions (the user be an "read only" and this kind
> of stuff, not some directory, but the user), if I really could do
> that. Anyone know if is it possible to modify the winbind users
> permissions, one by one, or something like that?

What is it you want to be "read only"?  You can prevent a user changing
their password, for example.

Only an administrator can create, move, or delete a user.

Behind Winbind is Active Directory which has a robust
permissions/security scheme.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383