[Samba] Samba 4.5.2 debian jessie packages available for testing.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 7 15:13:40 UTC 2016

Hai,

I’ve created samba 4.5.2 packages for debian Jessie.

These need testing and if you up to it, there are found here.

http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/

For the very impatient a simple installer script.

http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/samba-4.5.2/samba-452-installer.sh

Only Debian Jessie amd64 and i386 are supported by these packages.

Are these good?

Well, that i dont know yet, im testing also atm.

Keep an eye on the samba list is what i suggest.

And most important

!!! DO NOT TEST IN YOUR PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT !!!

And create an backup before you test.

How are these build?

Using the samba.org source packages and the debian experimental “debian” folder and few small changes.

Huh, but there is no experimental samba package : https://packages.debian.org/experimental/samba ??

... correct, that one changed today to SID. :-/

See : https://packages.debian.org/sid/samba

You have an apt repo?

Yes, but only after extensive testing i’ll upload these to my repo.

The current apt repo version i use is : 4.4.5-3

Which is an debian stretch rebuild.

! Only my repo packages are signed.

! Use the bundle of debs, samba depend on these.

And last for the lazy ones..   ! A MUST READ !

http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Upgrade-info.txt

A table with samba (smb.conf) changes as of 4.1.0 upto 4.5.0

If i missed one here, let me know i’ll add it.

I did not find such table on the samba site and i thinks its good to have one.

But if its there, someone please point me to it.

Greetz,

Louis