[Samba] Samba and kerberized NFSv4

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Dec 2 12:54:51 UTC 2016

And i can confirm this.

user at mem1:~$ touch testnfs.txt
user at mem1:~$ ls -la testnfs.txt

now login on the web server as user and
sudo su -
[sudo] password for user:
root at web1:~# cd /home/users/user
cd: /home/users/user: Permission denied

Even if i kinit Adminstrator, root can not access the user dirs on the webserver.

! on the member server YES thats possible due to the ACL rights.
! which can be changed, i needed it on my member.

The difference between these 2.
Mem1 is the server which has the nfs export, and my user homedirs
Web1 is my webserver.

My setup is based on info found here :

https://wiki.debian.org/NFS/Kerberos
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NFSv4Howto
https://linux.die.net/man/5/idmapd.conf

and for the mount at boot you need the systemd change.
Only systemd change was needed due to a bug.
I dont know if it still exists, i scripted my setup.

If you want, this is the script, i used for my setup, and can be found here.
http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/setup-nfs4-with-samba.sh

Read the script content, it explains itself.

Greetz,

Louis