[Samba] Cannot map to other client shares

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 14:59:39 UTC 2016

Presumably this is still configured as a classic domain.       I
recently upgraded my domain controllers from 3.6.25 to 4.4.7.
(actually, I tried adding badlock patches to 3.6.25 but had issues.)

Samba 4 has a different default max protocol than samba 3.   You
probably need to add the following to smb.conf

     server max protocol = NT1

Otherwise the default is SMB3.     With a classic domain Windows 10
definitely will NOT work with SMB3 and somewhere on the samba wiki it
says to use NT1.    (It didn't break Windows 7 though.) I don't know if
a max protocol of SMB2 would work.   However  I found in the past that
SMB2 caused issues with access to samba file servers so I just made NT1
the max protocol on everything.

You may also need to set the following

         client signing = auto
         client ipc signing = auto
         server signing = auto

(or maybe "server signing = no" )

The BADLOCK patches changed the default signing behavior.  I don't think
Windows 7 members in a classic domain support signing (thus the registry
changes to disable signOrSeal.)     O