[Samba] samba-tool domain provision no such option: --slapd-path

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Aug 22 14:07:58 UTC 2016

Hello Basti,

Am 22.08.2016 um 15:46 schrieb basti via samba:
> as i can see at
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend/OpenLDAP#Setup_OpenLDAP
>
> but my samba-tool does not known --use-ntvfs and --slapd-path

There is no openLDAP support for the Samba AD DC (yet). Nadezhda Ivanova
is working on that, but as far as I know, there's no plan when this will
be part of an official release.

Here's a presentation from Nadezhda:
http://ldapcon.org/2015/?page_id=143

> mailserver with standanlone openLDAP <- sync -> samba3 with openLDAP
> so the mailserver can receive mails even if the pdc is down.

* You can set up a second DC (recommended anyway) to have a failover.
Then you don't have to worry if one goes down. By the way, there is no
"PDC" in an AD. All are DCs.

* You can write a script that exports stuff from AD and pushes it to
your openLDAP on your mailserver.

Regards,
Marc