[Samba] User accounts being blocked

Ricardo Pardim Claus ricardo.claus at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 19 19:26:38 UTC 2016

James,
I configured the account lockout policies by RSAT, GPEDIT.MSC.
By GPEDIT.MSC I set the value = 10 attempts.

Through the samba-tool, I used this command:

# samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --account-lockout-threshold=11

INFO: Current debug levels:

pm_process() returned Yes
Module 'tombstone_reanimate' is disabled. Skip registration.lpcfg_servicenumber: couldn't find ldb
schema_fsmo_init: we are master[yes] updates allowed[no]
schema_fsmo_init: we are master[yes] updates allowed[no]
Sorting rpmd with attid exception 1376281 rDN=DC DN=DC=domain,DC=local
Account lockout threshold changed!
All changes applied successfully!

All desktops are Windows 10.

De: James Crouch
Are you using the "samba-tool domain passwordsettings" command to set the lockout policy, or are you using group policy?
-James Crouch