[Samba] Can Logon & Join NT4-style Domain, Can't Change Password

Wietse Driever wdriever at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 08:27:07 UTC 2016

Hello Bill,

We have the same problems with our users. After some recent updates they
are unable to change there passwords. We have many networks at different
locations and more and more reports are starting to come in now.

We are using:
centos 6.8
kernel: 2.6.32.-642.1.1.el6.x86_64
smbd -V: 3.6.23-25.el6_7

I noticed Windows 10 enterprise machines are not affected yet.

I am sorry if my post was not correctly formatted, this is the first time
and i did not have time to read all the rules. Just wanted to let you now
we are facing the same issues. I still have to test the update rollback.

I will let you all now if this also worked for us.

Greetings,

Wietse Driever