[Samba] File Server member DC ACL permissions

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Aug 12 14:32:32 UTC 2016

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 13:06:00 +0000 (UTC)
Ricardo Pardim Claus via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > > # wbinfo -i iuser
> > > iuser:*:4294967295:4294967295:iuser:/home/DOMAIN/iuser:/bin/false
> > >

> > > # getent passwd iuser
> > > iuser:*:4294967295:4294967295:iuser:/home/DOMAIN/iuser:/bin/false
> > >

> > > # id iuser
> > > id: iuser: no such user
>

> > > concentrating on the number, I missed
> > > '/home/DOMAIN/iuser:/bin/false'
>
> > > Is this on the DC ?
> > > and if so, what do get if you run the same command on the
> > > fileserver ?
>
> > > Just to double check, are you running sssd on any of the
> > > machines ?
>
> Rowland, os comandos acima foram executados no file server.
>
> I will show the output of the commands, running directly in DC:
>
> # wbinfo -i iuser
> DOMAIN\iuser:*:3000166:100:iuser:/home/DOMAIN/iuser:/bin/false
>
> # getent passwd iuser
>

> # id iuser
> id: iuser: no such user
>

> I need to configure winbind in the main DC?

Only if you want to use the DC as a fileserver.

> The sssd service is disabled in the main DC. But in the nsswitch.conf
> file set: passwd: files sss
> shadow: files sss
> group: files sss

If sssd isn't being used, then you might as well remove all instances
of 'sss' from /etc/nsswitch.conf, if you do setup winbind, then replace
'sss' with winbind except for the 'shadow' line, this line should only
have 'files'

> The client stations, all are Windows 10. The RSAT I have already
> installed on my PC.

That is not good, you don't get the 'UNIX Atrributes' tab with RSAT on
windows 10, microsoft removed it.
You will have to add the Unix Attributes with a script using ldbtools,
have you had any experience writing scripts ?

> No file server, quando compilei o pacote do Samba, eu não usei a
> opção: "--without-ad-dc"

I don't bother, I always compile Samba the same way, it is how you set
Samba up that counts.

> When changing the backend to rid it seems to be working, for the
> following command does not return error. Through Windows, by giving
> permission to share, I see the "Domain Admins" group:
>
> # setfacl -R -m g:"Domain Admins":rwx /mnt/dados/
>
> # getfacl /mnt/dados
> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
> # file: mnt/dados
> # owner: root
> # group: root
> user::rwx
> user:root:rwx
> user:domain\040admins:rwx
> user:ti-infra:rwx
> group::r-x
> group:root:r-x
> group:domain\040admins:rwx
> group:ti-infra:rwx
> mask::rwx
> other::r-x
> default:user::rwx
> default:user:root:rwx
> default:user:domain\040admins:rwx
> default:user:ti-infra:rwx
> default:group::r-x
> default:group:root:r-x
> default:group:domain\040admins:rwx
> default:group:ti-infra:rwx
> default:mask::rwx
> default:other::r-x
>

> About RSAT on Windows 10, I can not see the UNIX attributes options.

I already mentioned the reason.

> The smb.conf the fileserver looked like this:
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
> netbios name = SRV16
> server string = Samba4 Server
> security = ADS
> encrypt passwords = yes
> realm = domain.local
> workgroup = DOMAIN
> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> log level = 1
> #
> winbind enum users = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes
> winbind use default domain = Yes
> winbind nss info = RFC2307
> #idmap_ldb: Use
> vfs objects = acl_xattr
> map acl inherit = Yes
> store dos attributes = Yes
> # Idmap config for domain DOMAIN
> #idmap config DOMAIN: backend = ad
> idmap config DOMAIN: backend = rid
> #idmap config DOMAIN: schema_mode = RFC2307
> idmap config DOMAIN: range = 10000-99999
> idmap config * : backend = tdb
> idmap config * : range = 2000-9999
> #       guest account = guest
> #       guest ok=yes
>
> [data]
> comment = Folder data
> path = /mnt/dados
> read only = No
> browseable = yes
> inherit acls = Yes
> inherit permissions = Yes
> guest account = guest
> guest ok=yes
> writeable = Yes

Thats better, but can I suggest you read here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs

You will do a better job if you set the ACLs from windows.

> In smb.conf the primary DC, I can take this line?
>
> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

No, you still need it

Rowland