[Samba] WindowsPE 10.0 -- Samba 4.4.5 connection problem

Ralf Aumüller Ralf.Aumueller at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Aug 8 12:17:43 UTC 2016

> In which case, what ever user is going to connect to the Samba server
> will need to exist on it, as both a Unix & Samba user. The user will
> need to have the same password everywhere.
>
> If the user is just copying the files from the Samba share to the
> windows machine and then running them, the anonymous user way should
> work, but it will depend on the permissions being set correctly,
> both in smb.conf and on the Unix machine, I would start by checking
> that the Unix permisions are set to 777

Maybe my description was not clear. We first see this problem in our production
environment. So I set up a test VM with samba 3.6.25 and 4.4.5 available.
Then I PXE-boot a notebook with Windows PE 5.0 and try to connect to my
test-samba-server. 3.6.25 works. Stopping 3.6.25 and starting 4.4.5: Works fine.

Then I PXE-boot Windows PE 10.0 and make the same test. Now just samba 3.6.25
works. Trying 4.4.5 gives error "System error 58 has occurred."
All tests use the same Samba-cfg-file.

Best regards,
Ralf