[Samba] Unable to create GPO "Allow log on locally"

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 8 11:48:11 UTC 2016

> To reproduce just try to add "DOMAIN\Administrator" or
> "CLIENT\Administrator" to the GPO mentioned above with any recent RSAT
> Client on a Samba 4.4.5 DC.

I can not reproduce you problem, works fine here. ( also samba 4.4.5 )
I do this also for my "remote desktop" users.

The group "domain admin" is added to BUILDIN\Adminstrators .
I can, which any modification, login localy. ( NO RDP )

And to do this over RDP, you need do add a domain group to the local "Remote Desktop Users" group.
And set the remote desktop service to automatic.

Add this in the default domain policy or create a separated GPO for it.
But the more GPO's the slower your login.

And dont try this with COMPUTERNAME\Administrator, that one is disabled.
Create a new admin (domain) add that one do domain admins and try again.

Greetz,

Louis