[Samba] Deleted Objects Warnings

lingpanda101 at gmail.com lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:02:48 UTC 2016

Hello,

     In my samba.log file I notice these warning every few hours or so.

"Doing a full scan on DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=domain,DC=local and looking
for deleted object"

"Doing a full scan on DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=domain,DC=local and looking
for deleted object"

"Doing a full scan on DC=domain,DC=local and looking for deleted object"

"Doing a full scan on CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local and looking
for deleted object"

Along with this warning that I think relates.

  "pid=1275, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0)]
../source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_deleted.c:105(kccsrv_check_deleted)"

My question is, why is this considered a warning? Isn't it normal for
the KCC to check for deleted objects to ensure proper replication? Thanks.

Using Samba 4.4.5 on Ubuntu 12.04 as a ADDC.

--
-James