[Samba] Centos 7 & ntlm

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 09:45:53 UTC 2016

That is strange!

We run Centos7 and 4.4.4.

# First test
dc209:~# ntlm_auth --username=mdufresne
Password:
NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0)

# sAMAccountName modification
dc209:~# ldbedit -H $sam samaccountname=mdufresne
# 0 adds  1 modifies  0 deletes

# Test with old sAMAccountName
dc209:~# ntlm_auth --username=mdufresne
Password:
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER: No such user (0xc0000064)

# Test with new username where "w" was added at end:
dc209:~# ntlm_auth --username=mdufresnew
Password:
NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0)
dc209:~#