[Samba] copy of a share without path

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 08:10:54 UTC 2016

How to use copy:
[template12]
    writable = yes
    browsable = yes
    valid users = andy, dave, jay
[share1]
  path=/path/to/share1
  copy = template12
[share2]
  path=/path/to/share2
  copy = template12

Here template12 is a template and it used later for declaring shares share1
and share2.

template (or in my example template12) is not meant to be used as a share
because a share is a directory you are sharing. A directory is represented
by a path. So without path to the directory you want to share, Samba can't
share anything because there is nothing to share...