[Samba] copy of a share without path

Alexandre Klein alexandre.klein at tanukisoftware.com
Mon Apr 25 07:52:55 UTC 2016

Matthias,

Sorry I should have wrote more details.
I agree with your message and I understand that template12 is not meant to
be a share.

What I tried to say is:

when I have this configuration:
[template12]
    writable = yes
    browsable = yes
    valid users = alex

[alex]
  path = /home/alex
  copy = template12

I can see this error in /var/log/samba/log/smbd
[2016/04/25 16:44:14.719192,  0]
../lib/param/loadparm.c:966(lpcfg_service_ok)
  WARNING: No path in service template12 - making it unavailable!

And I'm unable to access "alex".

But if I don't use "copy", then it works correctly:
[alex]
  path = /home/alex
  valid users = alex

Alexandre Klein