[Samba] FW: FW: Domain member seems to work, wbinfo -u not (update10)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 20 09:05:55 UTC 2016

Hai again.

Today i did some new test.
The trick below ( previous e-mail), works sometime with 4.2.10 and 4.3.8

The trick works always with 4.4.2

My own deb build not installed from source and tested now on 3 servers.

All same result.

I checked out the server i did yesterday, still working without any problems.

So im wondering whats the difference between 4.2.10 4.3.8 4.4.1.

in the debian packages and my debian build of 4.4.2

The 4.4.2 build i made was the source from samba.org.

I took the "debian" folder from 4.4.1 and added this in the source samba 4.4.2.

i removed only one patch, since that is in 4.4.2 from source.

Patch:  security-2016-04-12-prerequisite-v4-4-regression-fixes.metze01.txt

I did rebuild tevent ldb tdb talloc etc from debian sid.

And now i cant make it fail again undepended of the settings.

I hope this helps someone.

Greetz,

Louis