[Samba] win 2012, active directory, samba4 share, only sid shown

Stefan Fuhrmann stefan at fuhrmann.homedns.org
Wed Apr 20 12:19:42 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Im having a win 2012 Server with ad and redhat and centos with samba4 clients. I configured a Testmaschine with the latest centos with samba4, kerberos and sssd. Hard work and took alot of time to get all running. I can access the share and want to change owner or permission over win explorer/ security tab. This is only running using an extra data Partition where a central samba share points to it. ex /costumer as an extra partition an in samba conf: path = /costumer .

As far as I know the recommended way is to use the win- explorer to set permissions on the share. I can do that, but reopen permission tab only sid are shown with a question mark, please have a look at attached file:

This not very useful.
Now Im stuck, cause I dont know if is a win problem or a samba.

After searching and a lot of trying Im not able to solve this.

Can someone help?

Tia
Stefan