[Samba] Workstation Limited to NT1 Protocol

Bill Baird bill.baird at phoenixmi.com
Tue Apr 19 18:08:56 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I just setup a new server and added it to my domain last week and it has
been working well. We are running a NT4-style Samba PDC for our domain
controller. This server is running the CentOS packages for Samba 4.2.10-6
as a domain member. My issue is that I have one Windows 7 workstation that
will only auto-negotiate to the NT1 protocol. If I run smbstatus, all of my
other workstations use SMB2_10, as expected.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a log file I can look at to determine
what is going wrong in the protocol negotiation?

Thanks!

--Bill