[Samba] Workstation Limited to NT1 Protocol

lingpanda101 at gmail.com lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 18:39:28 UTC 2016

On 4/19/2016 2:08 PM, Bill Baird wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just setup a new server and added it to my domain last week and it has
> been working well. We are running a NT4-style Samba PDC for our domain
> controller. This server is running the CentOS packages for Samba 4.2.10-6
> as a domain member. My issue is that I have one Windows 7 workstation that
> will only auto-negotiate to the NT1 protocol. If I run smbstatus, all of my
> other workstations use SMB2_10, as expected.
>
> Has anyone seen this before? Is there a log file I can look at to determine
> what is going wrong in the protocol negotiation?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Bill
You can enable client specific logging and see if it turns up anything.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Client_specific_logging

Access a share and review the logs.

Is this Windows 7 workstation accessing the new member server and
displaying NT1 or the old one?

Can you run on both member servers and report?

testparm -v |grep "client ipc max protocol" and testparm -v |grep
"client ipc min protocol"

--
-James