[Samba] FW: Domain member seems to work, wbinfo -u not (update7)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 19 10:47:52 UTC 2016

@Patrick Thanks, that helped.
@Mathias, only 10.000 objects.

>>  client ldap sasl wrapping = plain  <<

I've tested that on my members.
4.2.10
4.3.8
4.4.1
4.4.2
wbinfo -u now work.

Ok tested all 3 options of that settings.
Tested als in the order, plain seal sign

Samba 4.2.10 (debian stable)
   client ldap sasl wrapping = plain	wbinfo -u works.
   client ldap sasl wrapping = seal		wbinfo -u fails
   client ldap sasl wrapping = sign		wbinfo -u fails
only plain works, en keeps working.

Other server.
Version 4.4.2-LvB ( samba.org packages, own deb, based on debian 4.4.1 )
Default it fails, now the funny part.
( default samba setting is sign )
We start with a NOT working wbinfo -u.

Test with following changes.
Try1) client ldap sasl wrapping = plain	wbinfo -u works.
Try2) client ldap sasl wrapping = seal	wbinfo -u also works now.
Try3) client ldap sasl wrapping = sign	wbinfo -u also works now.

Only the 4.4.2 now keeps working independed of the setting.
Lunch first, i'll test the 4.3.8 also.

Greetz,

Louis