[Samba] FW: Domain member seems to work, wbinfo -u not (update8)( solved maybe?)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 19 13:11:03 UTC 2016

Ok.
New test, debian samba 4.2.10 ( all stock debian packages )

So others with 4.2.10 stock debian packages, please test also if below works.

The file server on which (wbinfo -u) worked saterday, and not on Sunday until now.

None of these three settings below are in the config and wbinfo -u fails.

Now adding these settings !! one at the time !!
And i reloaded samba and restarted winbind every time.

    client ldap sasl wrapping = plain
    client ldap sasl wrapping = seal
    client ldap sasl wrapping = sign

Result in the end.

I started with plain, wbinfo -u works, but first time a long delay before i see the output, ( long is +4-5 sec)

Changed it to seal, wbinfo -u works

And back to the samba default "sign" which now also works.
So seems fixed now. Strange..

Removed the client ldap sasl wrapping from the config.
All still works.

I'll check this server tomorrow again.

Greetz,

Louis