[Samba] Permission denied on GPT.ini (Event ID 1058)

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien-samba at orniz.org
Mon Apr 18 14:38:04 UTC 2016

Le 18/04/2016 15:35, L.P.H. van Belle a écrit :
> Ok,
>

>> I don't think so, I launch gpupdate using local admin account, so as I
>> understand it, only computer account is used (since local admin as no
>> existence on the domain)
> Why a local admin, please use a ?domain admin? ..

No incidence (since in fact interactive update always work :) )

> Test as follow.
>
> Open de security tab of the GPT.INI.
>
> Advanced settings, last tab, effective settings,
>
> At objecttype, deselect all, select computer.
>
> Search for : COMPUTERNAME$
>
> It should resolve to your computer.
>
> Klik ok, now check the security settings again here.
>
> Must have at least :
>
> Traverse Folder / Execute file.
>
> List folder/ Read Data
>
> Read Attributes.
>
> Read Exended Attributes.
>
> Read permissions.
>

> Run :
>
> DEL /S /F /Q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Group Policy\History\*.*"
>
> gpupdate /force

This works (as usual)

> ( or reboot )

This fails

Analyzing the complete boot sequence, I see several errors

DHCP starting
DHCPv6 starting
NETLOGON error no domain controller found
LSASrv issue (max reference tickets exceeded)
GPO error (failure to read GPT.INI)

It looks like this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2421599 but
suggested fix doesn't make any difference.

It may be related to SSD enabled machines which boot too fast, but
cannot remember if non-SSD ones hit the bug too

Regards