[Samba] Permission denied on GPT.ini (Event ID 1058)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Apr 18 13:35:22 UTC 2016

Ok,

> I don't think so, I launch gpupdate using local admin account, so as I

> understand it, only computer account is used (since local admin as no

> existence on the domain)

Why a local admin, please use a ?domain admin? ..

Test as follow.

Open de security tab of the GPT.INI.

Advanced settings, last tab, effective settings,

At objecttype, deselect all, select computer.

Search for : COMPUTERNAME$

It should resolve to your computer.

Klik ok, now check the security settings again here.

Must have at least :

Traverse Folder / Execute file.

List folder/ Read Data

Read Attributes.

Read Exended Attributes.

Read permissions.

> wbinfo -i COMPUTERNAME$ & wbinfo -r COMPUTERNAME$ correctly returns him

> as member of domain computers (with proper gid) and a custom group to

> which it was added

When thats ok, keep it as is now, looks good.

After checking you rights,

You can try this also if we speak of windows 7, try this.

( just found this )

Open CMD Box as Administrator.

Run :

DEL /S /F /Q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Group Policy\History\*.*"

gpupdate /force ( or reboot )

Greetz,

Louis