[Samba] Home directory of AD-User

Miguel Medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Mon Apr 11 22:16:59 UTC 2016

> I am not saying you cannot have shares on a Samba AD DC, what I am
> saying is that there is no browsing code in the 'nbt' portion of the
> 'samba' binary and hence they will not show up in 'network neighbourhood'

I was, and am not, disputing that.

I was just saying that having "browsable = yes" on a share may be
necessary, for different reasons. As I said before, if you don't have
"browsable = yes" on a share, that share will not appear in the
"Computer Management" applet in Windows and you won't be able to set its
share permissions. I met this more than once, at least with Samba 4.1.x
and 4.2.x. Tomorrow I can confirm if this behavior still exists with 4.4.0.