[Samba] chgrp "Domain Admins" on folder return invalid group "Domain Admins"

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 5 10:17:22 UTC 2016

Hai Jules.

> And when i go to ADUC and try to open  the Unix Attribute of domain admins
> group, i have the error "Unable to execute".

Yeah, that can happen.
I fixed this by setting first the GID on the groups.
And then assigning the users, after a few clicks its gone.
At least for me, you can safely ignore it, the setting wil be done.

Try :
getent group "domain admins"
if that dont give results back, your unable to set with chgrp.
Then check you resolv.conf nsswitch.conf and make sure the GID is set in AD.

Greetz,

Louis