[Samba] chgrp "Domain Admins" on folder return invalid group "Domain Admins"

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Apr 5 10:30:23 UTC 2016

On 05/04/16 11:06, Jules Houantonon wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
> Thank you for your mail.
>
> I assigned the GID 10000 to the domain admins group through ADUC, and
> wbinfo --info-group "domain admins" display the correct output.

You need to ensure that 'getent group Domain\ Admins' displays the
required info, on one of my DCs:

root at dc1:~# getent group Domain\ Admins
SAMDOM\domain admins:x:10001:

What I think you are missing, are the libnss links, see here for info:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member#libnss_winbind

I know the page refers to a domain member, but it is the same basic
setup on a DC.

You may also want to consider giving 'Domain Users' a gidNumber

Rowland