[Samba] Questions About Bind_DLZ

David Minard david at scem.uws.edu.au
Wed Sep 30 23:58:22 UTC 2015

G'day Marc,

On 01/10/15 06:01, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 30.09.2015 um 03:50 schrieb David Minard:
>> ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb '(objectClass=dnsZone)' -b
>> 'DC=SAMBA4,DC=SCEM,DC=WESTERNSYDNEY,DC=EDU,DC=AU' --cross-ncs name
>>
>> # record 1
>> dn:
>> DC=samba4.scem.westernsydney.edu.au,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=samba4,DC=scem,DC=westernsydney,DC=edu,DC=au
>>
>> name: samba4.scem.westernsydney.edu.au
>>
>> # record 2
>> dn:
>> DC=RootDNSServers,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=samba4,DC=scem,DC=westernsydney,DC=edu,DC=au
>>
>> name: RootDNSServers
>>
>> # record 3
>> dn:
>> DC=_msdcs.samba4.scem.westernsydney.edu.au,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=samba4,DC=scem,DC=westernsydney,DC=edu,DC=au
>>
>> name: _msdcs.samba4.scem.westernsydney.edu.au
>>
>> # record 4
>> dn:
>> DC=RootDNSServers,CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=samba4,DC=scem,DC=westernsydney,DC=edu,DC=au
>>
>> name: RootDNSServers
>>
>> # returned 4 records
>> # 4 entries
>> # 0 referrals
> Looks like it should.
>
> Do the duplicate zone messages appear in the Samba or BIND logs?

I'm seeing these messages in the bind logs.  The samba logs look normal.

> What log level are you using in smb.conf?

Just default log levels at the moment.  I was hoping someone had seen
this before.  I'll up the samba and bind logs now, and see if anything
more interesting pops up.

--

Cheers,
David Minard.

School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics
Building Y - Penrith Campus (Kingswood)
Locked bag 1797
Penrith South DC
NSW 1797

[Sometimes waking up just isn't worth the insult of the day to come.]

believed to be clean.