[Samba] Questions About Bind_DLZ

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:44:09 UTC 2015

On 30/09/15 21:01, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 30.09.2015 um 03:50 schrieb David Minard:
>> ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb '(objectClass=dnsZone)' -b
>> 'DC=SAMBA4,DC=SCEM,DC=WESTERNSYDNEY,DC=EDU,DC=AU' --cross-ncs name
>>
>> # record 1
>> dn:
>> DC=samba4.scem.westernsydney.edu.au,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=samba4,DC=scem,DC=westernsydney,DC=edu,DC=au
>>
>> name: samba4.scem.westernsydney.edu.au
>>
>> # record 2
>> dn:
>> DC=RootDNSServers,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=samba4,DC=scem,DC=westernsydney,DC=edu,DC=au
>>
>> name: RootDNSServers
>>
>> # record 3
>> dn:
>> DC=_msdcs.samba4.scem.westernsydney.edu.au,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=samba4,DC=scem,DC=westernsydney,DC=edu,DC=au
>>
>> name: _msdcs.samba4.scem.westernsydney.edu.au
>>
>> # record 4
>> dn:
>> DC=RootDNSServers,CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=samba4,DC=scem,DC=westernsydney,DC=edu,DC=au
>>
>> name: RootDNSServers
>>
>> # returned 4 records
>> # 4 entries
>> # 0 referrals
> Looks like it should.
>
> Do the duplicate zone messages appear in the Samba or BIND logs?

The messages are coming from Samba, to be precise, from dlz_bind9.c

             if (b9_zone_exists(state, zone)) {
                 state->log(ISC_LOG_WARNING, "samba_dlz: Ignoring
duplicate zone '%s' from '%s'",
                        zone, ldb_dn_get_linearized(zone_dn));
                 continue;
             }

> What log level are you using in smb.conf?

I wonder if the log level is turned up too high, I personally have never
seen this message.

I think it may help if the OP was to post the bind9 conf files and more
of the logfile that contains the error, bits of a log can so easily be
mis-understood.

Rowland