[Samba] Joining an 2008R2 a Samba AD Takes forever.

Cesar DiMartino cesardimartino at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 21:12:04 UTC 2015

I have a problem with Samba 4.2.4 on FreeBSD. If I add another samba DC to
de Domain it works without problems, but adding a Windows Server 2008 R2 DC
is taking more than 10 hours, even days in the raeplication dialog. In fact
it never finishes.
In event viewer just some info in the log about indexes. Also while this is
happening the samba-tool drs showrepl throws this:
# samba-tool drs showrepl
Default-First-Site-Name\BSD
DSA Options: 0x00000001
DSA object GUID: 26bc07d2-94e5-4ae0-9727-59f7ae8eb664
DSA invocationId: e17756ff-2d2e-44c8-9aec-3a4920d33249

==== INBOUND NEIGHBORS ====

ERROR(runtime): DsReplicaGetInfo of type 0 failed - (-1073610723, 'An RPC
protocol error occurred.')

————————————————————————

I have already added the missing CNAME following the wiki guide.
----------------------------------
my smb4.conf:
[global]
        workgroup = DONNET
        realm = DONNET.LAN
        netbios name = BSD
        interfaces = re0
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=131072
SO_RCVBUF=131072
        printcap name = /dev/null
        disable spoolss = Yes
        dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
        nsupdate command = /usr/local/bin/samba-nsupdate -g
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        aio read size = 16384
        aio write size = 16384

[netlogon]
        path = /var/db/samba4/sysvol/donnet.lan/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/db/samba4/sysvol
        read only = No

[bkp]
        path = /usr/local/bkp
        read only = No

[home]
        path = /usr/local/home/
        read only = No

[fbs]
        path = /usr/local/fbs
        read only = No
This happens with previous versions of samba 4 too. I already tried
selecting another Samba DC in the dcpromo assistant with no luck.
Note:
-The windows 2008R2 and one of the FreeBSD DC are VMs under Citrix XEN 6.5
-Both Samba DCs are running 4.2.4 FreeBSD port.
-DNS Backend in both is Samba internal.
-No other Windows DC in the Domain

Any help will be great. Have this problem since Samba 4.1
Thanks in advance.