[Samba] exam projects

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Sep 25 11:52:43 UTC 2015

On 09/25/2015 03:48 AM, buhorojo wrote:
> On 24/09/15 20:29, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> And take this to the proper mailing list(s) to choose your hardware
>> and distro.
>
> Yes, of course. We're on the ubuntu and opensuse forum. BTW, it's not
> a cop-out. It's what we're supposed to do. It's a subject where one
> does not get information from books.
>> Then come back here (as I have done) for the specific Samba questions.
> There was the point we were concerned about: the long install time on
> pi. Time is another limitation as we have to give approximate timings
> for the project and break it down into components. Software
> installation is one of them. What could we expect for the boards you
> suggest?

I don't have any times.  You would have to ask on forums where the
builders live.  But note that one of the comments I have seen is to have
'as big of a swap partition as you can'.  Again that means disk.  SSD is
faster than HD.  sata SUPPOSEDLY faster than USB 3.0 (though I have seen
claims of seening the opposite due to driver issues).

So even with your RPi, put a swap drive on a usb HD or SSD should speed
things up noticably.