[Samba] Access remote ldap for classicupgrade

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:12:49 UTC 2015

On 18/09/15 21:54, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> On 09/18/2015 04:30 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:

>>> On the server (but would it not be slapd.conf for the server?):
>>
>> No, slapd.conf is for the configuration of the ldap server (it may in
>> fact be slapd.conf.d)
>>
>>> more /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
>>> BASE         dc=home,dc=htt
>>> HOST         127.0.0.1
>>> TIMELIMIT    30
>>> SIZELIMIT    0
>>> TLS_REQCERT  allow
>>>

>> Try commenting out 'TLS_REQCERT'
>
> I looked again at that error above, and it is the client
> (classicupdate) that is requesting the cert and failing.  So it is on
> that system that I need to tell it not to request or worry about the
> server cert.  So I think I need:
>
> TLS_REQCERT never|try
>
> In its ldap.conf
>
>> , change 'ldaps' to 'ldap' in your old server smb.conf (I would also
>> remove the shares and the lines that the classicupgrade objects to)
>> and try the classicupgrade again.
>
> I was told this option is buried deep in the ClearOS openldap setup.
> It is definitely now where under /etc/samba.  So first step is to get
> classicupdate not to worry about the certs valitity  Then I think I
> might have access issues on what is shown to an anon client.

Do you have /etc/openldap/slapd.conf or /etc/openldap/slapd.conf.d ?

If it is the former (by the way I hope you are doing all this in test
environment and not on your Clearos server), then just remove any lines
that start 'TLSC' (there should be 3). It gets a bit more involved if it
is the later, because you will have to find the file in the slapd.conf.d
directory and remove the lines from there. It has been some time since I
last used openldap, but I can remember altering the files in the
slapd.conf.d dir manually and then starting slapd (I should have
mentioned that you will need to stop slapd before you change anything
and always backup everything before changing anything).

Rowland