[Samba] Access remote ldap for classicupgrade

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Sep 18 20:54:48 UTC 2015

On 09/18/2015 04:30 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 18/09/15 21:19, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> I wonder if you can turn off SSL on the old server, what do you have
>>> in /etc/ldap.conf (or /etc/ldap/ldap.conf or /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
>>> ) ?
>>
>> On the server (but would it not be slapd.conf for the server?):
>
> No, slapd.conf is for the configuration of the ldap server (it may in
> fact be slapd.conf.d)
>
>> more /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
>> BASE         dc=home,dc=htt
>> HOST         127.0.0.1
>> TIMELIMIT    30
>> SIZELIMIT    0
>> TLS_REQCERT  allow
>>

> Try commenting out 'TLS_REQCERT'

I looked again at that error above, and it is the client (classicupdate)
that is requesting the cert and failing.  So it is on that system that I
need to tell it not to request or worry about the server cert.  So I
think I need:

TLS_REQCERT never|try

In its ldap.conf

> , change 'ldaps' to 'ldap' in your old server smb.conf (I would also
> remove the shares and the lines that the classicupgrade objects to)
> and try the classicupgrade again.

I was told this option is buried deep in the ClearOS openldap setup.  It
is definitely now where under /etc/samba.  So first step is to get
classicupdate not to worry about the certs valitity  Then I think I
might have access issues on what is shown to an anon client.