[Samba] Wither "uidNumber" and "gidNumber"? (was: Re: ldbedit: no matching records - cannot edit (newly-created user))

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Tue Sep 15 11:39:39 UTC 2015

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 08:22:09 -0300
Guilherme Boing <kolt+samba at frag.com.br> wrote:

> I would recommend doing what mathias said so... that is what I am
> doing, but instead of sssd, I am using nslcd.
> The only server that the AD users can't connect is the DC itself,
> because the DC runs winbind. Every other server on the network is
> running nslcd and everyone with UNIX Attributes are properly
> configurated to login with their correct gid.
[snip]

There is only one server.  That server will be doing *everything*.
There are no other servers.  There will be no other server(s).  That is
the way it has been for years.  That is the way it will remain.

If a Samba4 AD DC cannot play well in that scenario: I'll downgrade (and
I use "down" advisedly) to Samba3.  Then, if, at some time in the future
the company wants AD, they can buy an MS-Win server.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is