[Samba] Problem with account with bad character

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:56:14 UTC 2015

On 15/09/15 11:34, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Same problem with apache studio directory
>
> !ERROR [LDAP: error code 80 - failed to create index key for attribute
> 'displayName':Unknow error.
>
> regards
>
> 	Stéphane Purnelle
>
> "samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org> a écrit sur 15/09/2015 09:57:18 :
>
>> De : L.P.H. van Belle <belle at bazuin.nl>
>> A : samba at lists.samba.org <samba at lists.samba.org>,
>> Date : 15/09/2015 10:01
>> Objet : Re: [Samba] Problem with account with bad character
>> Envoyé par : "samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org>
>>
>> You can try it with the apache studio directory
>> https://directory.apache.org/studio/
>> its free, and very Handy.
>>
>> Greetz,
>>
>> Louis

How about trying ldbmodify, but instead of trying to delete the
attribute, use 'replace' instead

dn: <objects dn>
changetype: modify
replace: displayName
displayName: <whatever you want>

Save this an ldif somewhere

And then 'ldbmodify --url=/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
/path/to/your_ldif -U Administrator'

Rowland