[Samba] kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'MY.LOCAL.' while getting initial credentials

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:21:36 UTC 2015

On 15/09/15 10:59, Lluís Danés wrote:

> <mailto:rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com>>:
>
>     On 15/09/15 09:40, Lluís Danés wrote:
>
>         Well, I downloaded it manually without using git. I've
>         compiled it with the "--with-acl-support" because I thought it
>         was not included as default (I remember that I read it from
>         the wiki that it was said to build samba by yourself if you
>         want to use windows ACL's).
>

>     Can you remember just where on the wiki it said that ?
>     You can use distro packages (well except red-hat packages and only
>     then if you want to setup a DC) or the packages from Sernet.
>

> I read this wiki
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs  This line:
> "To use the advanced features of Samba, it has to be compiled with ACL
> support (e. g. RHEL requires the libacl-devel to be installed, when
> compiling)." confused me.

Would you have understood this better:

To use the advanced features of Samba, it needs to have been compiled
with ACL support. As far as is known, all available Samba 4 packages are
compiled in this way. Unfortunately there are no Samba 4 RHEL AD DC
distro packages available at this time, so if you require to install an
AD DC on a RHEL based system you will need to compile Samba4 yourself,
or use the Sernet packages. If you do compile Samba 4, you will need to
install the relevant libacl development package for your distro (e.g.
RHEL requires the libacl-devel package to be installed).

Rowland